[PDF / Epub] ☃ Y Is for Yorick Author Jennifer Adams – Instaposter.us

Y Is for Yorick The Perfect Gift For Shakespeare Fans, Y Is For Yorick Is Full Of Witty References To The Bard S Unforgettable Plots And Characters Readers Will Love Perusing The Cheeky Illustrations And Reading Such Entries As J Is For Juliet Juliet Teaches All Young Girls That If You Truly Love Someone, Wholly And Completely, It Will Be The Death Of You Jennifer Adams Works As A Writer And Editor In Salt Lake City, Utah She Is The Author Of Remarkably Jane Notable Quotations On Jane Austen Y Is For Yorick Is Her Ninth Book.A Witty A To Z For Shakespeare Lovers.

Librarian Note There is than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.Jennifer Adams is the author of than forty books Her bestselling BabyLit board books published by Gibbs Smith introduce small children to the world of classic literature and have sold 1.5 million copies Her new series of board books My Little Cities published by Chronicle Books includes London and New

[PDF / Epub] ☃ Y Is for Yorick  Author Jennifer Adams – Instaposter.us
  • Hardcover
  • Y Is for Yorick
  • Jennifer Adams
  • English
  • 01 February 2017
  • 9781423607540

10 thoughts on “Y Is for Yorick

I loved this little book It s a humorous tongue in cheek quick reference on Shakespeare s characters and works C is for Claudius He killed his brother and married his brother s widow, Gertrude However, he forgot to take into account the stepchildren Hamlet U is for Ursula, a maid who nobody remembersIf you want to be remembered it is better to be a queen, king, murderer, cross dresser, or ghost Much Ado About Nothing The book includes a brief synopsis of each of his plays I enjoyed it so much that it is my current bathroom book and am now reading it a second time In addition to being a great graduation gift, I highly recommend it to anyone who, like the author, has a general affinity for civilized dark humor and all things British flyleaf

Review first posted on BookLikes

This book contains a fairly detailed introduction, a too brief alphabet section, and then a summary of the plays used in the alphabet It s a perfect introduction to Shakespeare for young adult readers, but as an old adult I really enjoyed it too Most of these plays are familiar to me, but I still need reminders about some of the ones I haven t seen, like Titus Andronicus I think this is a permanent keeper.

Kind of a fun read, whether your familiar with Shakespeare or not I did learn something from this book I never want to see a production of Titus Andronicus.

Delightful I LOVED the ABC sso funny I plan on reading quite a number of them to my Fall Shakespeare students Also, the small summaries are very well done and I will read them to the students as well They are long enough to let me give them just a taste, they are funny, which will be appealing to them, and they are just short enough to keep attention Just right This is the author of the adorable Little Miss Austen Pride Prejudice A Counting Primer a board book for babies and others Jane Eyre, Christmas Carol, Alice in Wonderland, Dracula, Romeo Juliet so smart I know what I m giving for baby gifts in the future

Adams offers an introduction to Shakespeare, an abecedary, and summaries of all the plays she references, making for a truly informative abecedary definitively meant for adults This is a snarky, quirky book that pokes a lot of fun at Hamlet, which means that it s fantastic It s purse sized, fun, and easy to read if you re wanting to brush up your Shakespeare Though it s not entirely dense in its analysis, it s not necessarily supposed to fall within the genre of literary analysis, which makes it great for the Shakespeare lover that just wants to relax.Review cross listed here

I love to read Shakespeare in the summer and this was a fun distraction The book offers some fun little facts about some of the well known and lesser known characters I liked the illustrations and it was a very quick read It also gives a brief synopsis of the plays highlighted so it would be good for a brush up on the plays or a beginner.

Not the greatest The alphabet part was a little funny, but not as funny as other Shakespeare stuff I ve read The summaries of the plays at the end were nice, but sometimes a bit too simplified It just wasn t great.

Not a brilliant book, but lavished with an art style that for me is always enjoyable A part of the book is made up of two page versions of the well known works, although not bad they may encourage people to start reading them and not find them as inaccessable as they thought.

I was so surprised when I got this book I didn t pay attention to the number of pages but it s only 123 pages But each one is great the best part is the short synopsis of each play.